AVGN Subs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

French Subs

+19
Biganon
stevenn33
DominiQC
MjoLniR
Temina
rizzen23
NicolasM
Morau
Edjemaster
François C
Juanako25
lienrag63
cobaltnightsky
coolman756
Rafiki
Rocko
Yannick Martin
BrendaLama
TechGuy691
23 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

French Subs - Page 6 Empty Re: French Subs

Post  BrendaLama Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Guys,

I'm done with the halloween episode,it needs to be proofread. I tried to deal with the 36 letters per line rule,but it was impossible so I did the best I could.
I shared it on the Gdrive : [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
BrendaLama
BrendaLama

Back to top Go down

Post  TechGuy691 Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Sorry, I was gone for most of the last 2 days.

Forum updated.

Alex

TechGuy691

Back to top Go down

Post  François C Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:27 pm

My bloody computer has gottten rid of the sound drivers so I guess it's linked to my not being able to play videos in VSS any more.
I tried to submit the Chainsaw .srt as it is (virtually finished but I wanted to do some last fine-tuning, which I now can't), but Google Docs doesn't offer me the possibility to share it like cobaltnightsky did in his tutorial.
It seems like the forces of evil have joined forces to prevent me from doing anything with this project.
I just dunno what to do right now ; I'll have to bring my computer to a friend of mine who's actually good with those ruddy machines and have it reset it for me.

François C

Back to top Go down

Post  BrendaLama Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:28 pm

François : I hope your computer will be fixed ,it's a pain in the ass when this machines refuse to work.

Guys : It's Sunday ! What are we gonna send to Juan ? Like a Star @ heaven
BrendaLama
BrendaLama

Back to top Go down

Post  BrendaLama Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:49 pm

This is gonna be a long ass reply.

1/ I hope you guys are not gonna get pissed,because I took the liberty to send a few subtitles to Juan. Nobody seemed to be here on the forum,and I can understand that,we all have a life.
I know this is not my role,I'm sorry about trespassing it.
Only subtitles that had been proofread and finished have been sent: the 6 first episodes,the pumbers don't wear ties episode cobalt did,and the episodes 9 and 20 that I did.
I don't know which episodes Nicolas did had been profread,so I choosed not to send them.

2/ I'm gonna be absent during the next 15 days,because I will be working in a place with no internet access whatsoever. I think I'm gonna be able to have one at the end of July,but I'm not sure about that. So,if you have no news from me during the month,don't worry,I'm not dead. I will be back in August,maybe at the end of July.

3/ Francois needs to be added to the Gdrive,because he's having troubles with sending the subtitles.

4/I'm gonna put the halloween episode on the other Gdrive,because I forgot to post it in the STFR one. Feel free to proofread it and to change things that needs to be changed.

Bon vent,la paille au cul,le feu dedans

Marie.
BrendaLama
BrendaLama

Back to top Go down

Post  coolman756 Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:21 pm

I understand, things were getting a little bit slower and your initiative is far from being incomprehensible. However, the subtitles you sent were not the latest ones I uploaded on the Google Drive folder. Too bad, we'll have to re-send them along with the next pack. Just let everybody know about this the next time you do it.

As for me, I was gone for several days and couldn't work much on the subtitles, but I'm going to work hard starting tomorrow, I'm going to do about 4 episodes a day. I will let you know about what episode I'm working on.

coolman756

Back to top Go down

Post  Edjemaster Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:58 pm

Hello guys! I'm done with Episode 046 on The Wizard and SMB3 and it's available for proofreading. Just a bit of precision, I translated the Wizard movie title as its french counterpart of L'enfant génial and for the possessed NES VS Jesus part, I used the french script of the Exorcist of 1973 for the cart. Even though it was re-dubbed in 2000, I used the old version because it sounds creepier and James usually preferolder stuff, concerning Horror Wink Feel free to change the word play for the P-Wing, P-bar, etc and the tricky-dicky part as I did what I could...

For the next one, I would like the CD-i part 1 (059) if it hasn't been taken yet. I used the first post as reference but it doesn't seem to have been updated for a while... If it's already underway by someone, I'll choose an other!

Edjemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  coolman756 Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:46 am

Good work! I also do that when possible, using the official translated script, as long as it doesn't lead to any timing problem (too much caracters/unit of time). You can do any episode you want, just be sure to mention it here. Everyone seems to be gone on vacation, anyway.

I'm done with episode 1 to 11. I'll be doing the next ones tonight and tomorrow. When the first 15 episodes are done I think it's time to send them to Juan, after everyone here gave me the go-ahead, of course. I'll let you know when I'm done and upload them.

coolman756

Back to top Go down

Post  BrendaLama Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:31 pm

I'm back !

And yes,next time I'll tell everyone before doing something like that,I promise Embarassed

Now I 'm gonna work on the dark castle episode,if it hasn't been done yet
BrendaLama
BrendaLama

Back to top Go down

Post  Edjemaster Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:44 am

Hello everyone, I'm done with episode 59, the first of the CD-i trilogy, it's on Google Docs and ready for proofreading! I also just wanted to know how episodes are to be proofread and how do we know which have been sent in GDocs? Because I could also do some proofreading from time to time.
If someone wants to do part 2 or 3 of the CD-i, you still have a few days before I do it, so tell me and I'll choose an other one, no problem!

Edjemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  BrendaLama Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:55 pm

Edjemaster : I can proofread it tomorrow if you want ! Like a Star @ heaven

Everyone : I need your help. How can I translate "nuttier than squirrel poop " ?! it's impossible !
"plus con que la lune" c'est pas assez fort et "timbré comme une enveloppe " ça me donne envie d'égorger des dindons en pleurant tellement c'est nul
BrendaLama
BrendaLama

Back to top Go down

Post  coolman756 Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:34 am

Finding an equivalent to that kind of expressions is the most frustating thing in the whole translation process: you can't just translate it because it would make no sense and you can never find something that's as funny as the original. However, when you do find something that's more or less fitting, it becomes the most satisfying thing ever. Unfortunately, in most cases, you're frustrated and think that you could have come with something better. You have to accept that it just can't be as good as the original but can be funny in its own way. In that case, "plus timbré qu'une enveloppe" sounds fine to me. It's not as funny as the original but I think it fits perfectly fine.

C'est peut-être nul, mais il ne faut pas oublier que ses insultes à la base sont nulles aussi, et c'est ça qui fait toute la chose. Donc dans un sens, ça respecte l'esprit de la série. Smile

I'm done with episodes 1-13, will be working on 14 and 15 tonight.

coolman756

Back to top Go down

Post  TechGuy691 Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:04 pm

I want to apologize first, I haven't been on lately, too much shit going on.

I am going to update the forum, but we now have a sub-forum, which I just realized, lol. Me and coolman are discussing to what "sub-forum" we should put in for now...

Alex

TechGuy691

Back to top Go down

Post  BrendaLama Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:13 pm

I'm going back to work again (what is an unexpected event),and I also have a lot of shit going on. I'm gonna be absent during August. I haven't finished the subtitles I was doing,but I'll update it on the Gdrive anyway,feel free to finish it if you can't wait until I come back in September.( There is something like 3 or 4 minutes of video left.)

I'm sorry about leaving like that again,and keep on the good work ! Very Happy (This new sub forum is cool,by the way !)
BrendaLama
BrendaLama

Back to top Go down

Post  Edjemaster Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:32 pm

*Enters empty room. Leaves subtitles for episode 60 zelda Wand of Gamelon on the Google Docs floor in case someone would come by to proofread it with a message saying "I will do Episode 61 next."*
*Leaves empty room*

Edjemaster

Back to top Go down

Post  coolman756 Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:17 pm

Hey,

I didn't have a lot of time to work on the subtitles since the beginning of the month but I'm gonna start working on them again as of tonight. The first 14 episodes are more or less complete, I'll proofread them and put them on Google Drive. I'll then go on with the next episodes.

coolman756

Back to top Go down

Post  Edjemaster Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:58 pm

I'll also be pretty busy these next 2 weeks, so I don't think I'll do much during that time, but I'll be back with the 3rd CD-i episode!

Edjemaster

Back to top Go down

French Subs - Page 6 Empty traduction de batman partie 1

Post  rizzen23 Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:23 pm

Bonsoir tout le monde,
je viens juste de m'inscrire, je suis français et je suis toutes les vidéos du nerd depuis le début.
Je ne sais pas si ça pose un problème si je parle en français car la plupart d'entre vous parle en anglais sur ce fil.

J'ai essayé de traduire tant bien que mal un épisode d'avgn: celui sur batman et seulement la partie 1 (il y a une deuxième vidéo sur batman).

Enfin bref je suis pas doué du tout pour parler anglais mais je le comprend comeme un peut et particulierement dans les videos du nerd qui a une façon de parler trés distincte et sans accent particulier (il y a beaucoup de videos en americain que je ne comprend pas du tout contrairement aux siennes), voici la traduction de l'episode en .txt qui peut se transformer en srt en changeant l'extension. Je pense qu'à défaut d'être un traduction acceptable, le fichier pourra au moins servir au niveau du timing pour les personnes qui voudraient s'attaquer à cet épisode.

voici le lien du fichier que j'ai hebergé sur fileserve: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

rizzen23

Back to top Go down

Post  Temina Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi everyone, I'm 18, I'm from the french-speaking part of Switzerland and I would love to help you to make some subtitles, because, hey man, he's the f****** Nerd, I love him and helping him in anyway possible would be a pleasure cheers However, I think that doing this would help me to improve my english too, of course Smile

So, french is my mother mother tongue, and I got the PET from Cambridge with distinction, wich means for them that my english level should be enough to pass the FIRST, from the Cambridge too, but anyway, these are just papers from a school, and they don't really matter ^^ What matters is that I love english and all the UK/USA culture Smile

I first offer to do the subtitles for the Castlevania episodes, because they're among my favourites. But I have to say that I have never used subtitle softwares, I'll try and see.

Cheers everyone Very Happy
Et longue vie au Nerd Wink

Temina

Back to top Go down

Post  coolman756 Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:27 pm

@rizzen23 : C'est génial que tu veuilles aider mais je ne suis pas sûr que ça soit judicieux si ton Anglais est si mauvais que tu le dis Razz Ou peut-être es-tu trop modeste ? C'est vrai que pour sous-titrer, c'est plus important de parler couramment la langue de sortie que la langue source, mais c'est quand même important de bien connaître cette dernière rien que pour les subtilités liées à la langue (sinon ça peut mener à de mauvaises interprétations etc.). Là où tu pourrais nous aider par contre c'est au niveau du timing et pour la relecture. Malheureusement ton lien n'est visible que par les admins... Sinon ça ne pose aucun problème que tu parles en Français je pense, d'ailleurs je vois pas trop pourquoi on parle en Anglais sur ce sujet, mais bon.

@Temina : Si tu n'as jamais utilisé de logiciels de sous-titrage, je ne peux que te conseiller VisualSubSync qui est de loin le meilleur. Il y a des tutos sur Internet. Sinon, le sous-titrage est un domaine très strict et disposant de beaucoup de règles. Je te conseille de jeter un oeil à ça : alconis.com/wp/2008/03/13/la-qualite-dans-le-sous-titrage/
On n'utilise pas de normes particulières, donc inutile de télécharger un pack SW quel qu'il soit. J'ai simplement trouvé cet article bien fichu et il résume les règles qu'il faut suivre pour du sous-titrage professionnel, donc il faut suivre cela au maximum.

Tous les deux, envoyez-moi un MP avec votre adresse e-mail et je vais vous donner accès au dossier Google Drive.

Quant à moi, j'ai pas mal de choses à faire en ce moment, mais je vais mettre les sous-titres des 14 premiers épisodes en ligne sur Google Drive demain assez tard dans la soirée. Il faut que je corrige certains trucs...

Last edited by coolman756 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:42 pm; edited 3 times in total

coolman756

Back to top Go down

Post  Temina Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:01 pm

ça fait quand même plaisir de voir de fans francophones de l'AVGN l'air de rien ^^

OK, je vais essayer de me débrouiller avec ce logiciel là, merci cheers

Donc, j'ai commencé à traduire la première partie de la "quadrilogie" spéciale Castlevania au cas où, pour le mettre sur le tableau du premier post Smile

I started to translate the first episode of the fourth Castlevania ones, you can tell it on the list of the first post Smile

Temina

Back to top Go down

Post  MjoLniR Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:55 am

Ouch ! I just registred a few days ago when I started my subtitles for the fourth Castlevania videos as well.
I already translate all of them and I just finished to sync the first one, that's why I came here ^^'

At first I wanted to post the entire Castlevaniathon in one post but now that I saw your message Temina I wanted to tell you asap silent
I really hope it doesn't bother you because it wasn't the goal here...

So yeah... there it is depositfiles.com/files/8hs5ckk5v , I also add some notes in a different document, just a few explanations on why I did this there, etc...
This is the first time I do subtitle but I think I did well (I hope). Do not hesitate contact me or post here if there's any problem.

If I manage to do well, I think the part II should be done tomorrow late at night (or early in the morning depending on wich side you are Smile).

Anyway, it's great to see people who wants to help James as much as I do =).
See ya !

Last edited by MjoLniR on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
MjoLniR
MjoLniR

Back to top Go down

Post  Temina Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:59 am

Well, don't worry mate, I only started to do the first one, so that's not a problem ^^

I'll start to do the Wayne's World one instead, because I absolutely love the movie, and I'm pretty sure nobody has started to translate it for the moment Very Happy
But there's often links on many posts that say, [Only admins are allowed to see this link], I guess that's normal?

Temina

Back to top Go down

Post  coolman756 Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:45 am

The forum has been setup so only admins can see links. Just remove the "http://" part from your link and it won't be considered as a link anymore.

coolman756

Back to top Go down

Post  MjoLniR Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:25 pm

@Temina Thanks to gave me my peace of mind !

I'll remove the https from now so everyone can see it. Do not bother download my first link anyway, I did an update (and except if there's spelling errors that I didn't notice or things that you want me to change, this is my last version of the Part I).

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

It's gold. So it's the better one.

On a side note, I think I will do the Swordquest episode once I finished the Castlevania-thon.

Sinon j'avoue... pourquoi l'anglais ici ? ><, j'ai vu que les allemands parlaient leur langue. Bien que ça ne me dérange pas cela dit.

Last edited by MjoLniR on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
MjoLniR
MjoLniR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next