AVGN Subs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English Subs

+13
mslurr
TwinShadow
wekhter
OpticCarrot
JNtheman
NightOwl
Rossonero
Subtitlenation
Juanako25
A_Zombie
Moto200
Codo
Lafar
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

English Subs - Page 2 Empty Re: English Subs

Post  Subtitlenation Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:36 am

I just finished watching the reviews with your subtitles. All three are great. Action 52 is very good, although when nerd starts listing the problems of the game, "With games that crash, hideous jumping controls, random characters, microscopic sprites" would get confusing with the text being added on top of the original sentence. I think in best case, it's better to break them up and show the phrase while nerd is showing the scene and saying the problem. It's easier to see when the text change, or update that way. With that problem fix, then Action 52 would be perfect.

EDIT: I actually downloaded the AVGN videos for Action 52 and Pong. Then download the subtitles from the Universal Subtitles, before I learned that you can watch the video with their subtitle layer activated. Just let you know,

The Action 52 the timing was maybe .5 seconds early before AVGN's line. Not too bad. Should be fine to submit.

The Pong episode the timing is spot on.

The 2 episode I submitted to Ghostbuster and 5200, the timing are off by 4 seconds since I used the old Gametrailer's episode. I fixed that as soon as I found out last Sunday. So the fixed timing are submitted to Juan to replace. My 32x is off almost a seconds, but it's acceptable.

Subtitlenation

Back to top Go down

Post  TwinShadow Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:15 am

Interesting now that there is a subtitle project for the AVGN videos. Actually, since I work with Aegisub a bit due to me being in a couple anime-based groups, can probably help out with the effort perhaps. I'll see about picking off a couple episodes and work on them as I get time. I think I'll provide SRT's and ASS's but not sure on the PASS though. Not heard of that format myself. I've not done subs for Youtube videos though, but it should take SRT's ok-ish I think....
TwinShadow
TwinShadow

Back to top Go down

Post  OpticCarrot Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:12 pm

Finally finished the Pong Consoles subtitles. I'm going to submit them to Juan if no one else already has, and they should be included in this week's bundle. Virtual Boy DVD edition will have to wait for next week's bundle.

EDIT:

I have just submitted the file, and it should be included in the bundle.

EDIT 2:

Is Action 52 in this week's bundle already? If it's not, I'll be improving my version.

OpticCarrot

Back to top Go down

Post  Codo Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:54 pm

TwinShadow wrote:Interesting now that there is a subtitle project for the AVGN videos. Actually, since I work with Aegisub a bit due to me being in a couple anime-based groups, can probably help out with the effort perhaps. I'll see about picking off a couple episodes and work on them as I get time. I think I'll provide SRT's and ASS's but not sure on the PASS though. Not heard of that format myself. I've not done subs for Youtube videos though, but it should take SRT's ok-ish I think....
Yeah, googles subtile-format is pretty much .srt with small modifications. Works fine. That's the files you should send to Juan. If you're using Aegisub, remember that you can save subs as .srt. You can't select it, when using "save as" but it works perfectly fine, when you're typing .srt manualy instead of .ass (name.srt). Sounds strange but so it is :3
But .ass is the better format for work-in-progress. And as it should be easier to translate with english subtitles, some translaters should be happy, if they're posted here somewhere^^
.pass isn't a sub-format. It's the 1-pass-file, when you encode something in xvid. But you can use these to add proper keyframes on the video in Aegisub as most yt-videos lack them~ But it's not really important.

Maybe we should contact Lafar for updating the first post. Or using something like piratepad, so that everybody can edit and write down, what is where and what is done.

Codo

Back to top Go down

Post  OpticCarrot Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:35 pm

wekhter wrote:@OpticCarrot

However, note that both your VB and Indiana Jones subtitles use re-release versions of the episodes, which (although more complete) are not the same as the ones in the official AVGN Youtube playlist, which all the subtitles seem to be being added to.

Even though this reply is kinda late, I am well aware of the fact that I am creating subtitles for the re-release versions, because I see them as the way the episode should have originally been, because the re-release versions are more complete. I want any D&HH (deaf and hard-of-hearing) viewers to be able to understand the re-release versions of these episodes, because subtitles were only created for the original versions.

As a side-note, Juan received my email with the English "Pong Consoles" subtitles, and his reply suggested that they will be included in Sunday's bundle.

EDIT:

Also:

Subtitlenation wrote:http://avgn.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page site have scripts for episodes that you can use to help you with subtitling.

The main problem with those transcripts is that most of them have or have had misspellings, grammatical errors, no regards for capitalization, etc. scattered across the document. For these reasons, I usually do not use these scripts when creating subs, unless the transcript is well-written. I noticed some punctuation problems within the English subtitle files for "Odyssey". The subtitles looked a lot like the transcript at the AVGN Wikia. If no one plans on doing so, I will revise the English subtitles for "Odyssey".

OpticCarrot

Back to top Go down

Post  Subtitlenation Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:14 am

[quote="OpticCarrot"]
wekhter wrote:@OpticCarrot

The main problem with those transcripts is that most of them have or have had misspellings, grammatical errors, no regards for capitalization, etc. scattered across the document. For these reasons, I usually do not use these scripts when creating subs, unless the transcript is well-written. I noticed some punctuation problems within the English subtitle files for "Odyssey". The subtitles looked a lot like the transcript at the AVGN Wikia. If no one plans on doing so, I will revise the English subtitles for "Odyssey".

That's fine with me.

I put the srt file up on paste bin: http://pastebin.com/z9sJ0JGa Just in case anyone want to fix the errors that might be left in the original subtitles. They are copied and paste from the transcript itself. And then I write the timecode the subtitles. I use Virtual Dub and notepad in ssa format to add the subtitles. If there's a word left out like in the original transcript or wrong punctuation I tend to correct it.

Subtitlenation

Back to top Go down

Post  OpticCarrot Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:54 pm

I've already gotten to work with revising your subtitles for "Odyssey". I've been fixing timing errors, as well as transcription errors. I might have it done in time for Sunday.

EDIT:

I noticed some timing and transcription errors in "Sega 32X", and no English subs for "Sega CD". If no one else is already doing them, I am going to start on those.

OpticCarrot

Back to top Go down

Post  Subtitlenation Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:29 pm

OpticCarrot wrote:I've already gotten to work with revising your subtitles for "Odyssey". I've been fixing timing errors, as well as transcription errors. I might have it done in time for Sunday.

EDIT:

I noticed some timing and transcription errors in "Sega 32X", and no English subs for "Sega CD". If no one else is already doing them, I am going to start on those.

The timing is off by a second due because I also used the old gametrailer video and not the youtube one. Ghostbuster and 5200 are off 4 sec on the youtube video. I'll probably fix the timing of that 32x episode if it is bugging people. There's youtube linking to the original GT 32x episode in this thread. What transcription error did you find? Just wondering.

The episode I done by ear are, 5200(send fixed for this week bundle), Ghostbuster(send fixed file for this week bundle), Back to the Future(timing is correct), and 32x.

The one I borrow the script from wikia, Odyessy, TMNT(will be sent to Juan tonight or tomorrow), Castlevania.
I'm going to do Bug Bunny: Birthday Blow Out tonight. I'm also hard of hearing and new to subtitling.

Also, you did a great job with the 4 subtitles you did on Universal subtitle and my deaf girlfriend was able to watch those episodes. You have the patience of a saint doing the Action 52 since that is a very long episode with lots of spoken lines.

Subtitlenation

Back to top Go down

Post  OpticCarrot Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:44 am

Subtitlenation wrote:Also, you did a great job with the 4 subtitles you did on Universal subtitle and my deaf girlfriend was able to watch those episodes. You have the patience of a saint doing the Action 52 since that is a very long episode with lots of spoken lines.

Well, the subtitles had timing issues for viewing on YouTube, and Pong Consoles is the only one that I have finished revising for YouTube viewers. I'm alternating between working on Odyssey and Action 52 at the moment (they won't be finished in time for Sunday).

EDIT:

I finished revising Odyssey about two hours before I made this edit (I removed the source credit at the end, because it's no longer accurate), and I'm shifting focus to the DVD editions of Virtual Boy and Indiana Jones, alongside Action 52, which I will be gradually editing.

EDIT 2:

Subtitlenation wrote:What transcription error did you find? Just wondering.

A number, most glaringly obvious your capitalization of "32X". "32X" is the proper capitalization, while "32x" is the capitalization used a number of places. Also, the subtitles use "StarWars" in at least one place, while the label clearly says "Star Wars". No need to get up. I'll revise them myself. Focus your attention on any other subtitles you're working on at the moment.

As another note, is there an accepted standard for how the theme's lyrics are organized in the subtitle files? Some videos I've seen use, for example, "He'd rather have a buffalo" and "Take a diarrhea dump in his ear" as separate subtitles, whereas I use "He'd rather have a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in his ear", as one subtitle, because that's how it reads on some lyric sheets, and how it reads as the page quote on TV Tropes' page for the Angry Video Game Nerd. So, should everyone revise their subtitles to meet this description, or should I revise my own subtitles for consistency?

OpticCarrot

Back to top Go down

Post  OpticCarrot Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:20 am

I apologize in advance for this double post, but I am trying to get your attention.

OpticCarrot

Back to top Go down

Post  Subtitlenation Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:34 am

For the lyric, in my perspective. Each song lyric length are nearly 4 seconds long each. I think it would be better to update the subtitle every 4 seconds to keep in sync with what's going on during that segment. Also keep the text to a minimum if there's action or gameplay footage.

Ok thanks for bring up the errors I made for the 32X. I overlooked them. I do appreciate you looking for them and correcting them. I will withheld the srt file for that one for this week update. Also thanks for fixing the Odyssey subtitles for me as well.

Ok, TMNT and Bug Bunny:Birthday Blow-out is being sent to Juan right now.

Subtitlenation

Back to top Go down

Post  OpticCarrot Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:36 am

Subtitlenation wrote:For the lyric, in my perspective. Each song lyric length are nearly 4 seconds long each. I think it would be better to update the subtitle every 4 seconds to keep in sync with what's going on during that segment. Also keep the text to a minimum if there's action or gameplay footage.

Ok thanks for bring up the errors I made for the 32X. I overlooked them. I do appreciate you looking for them and correcting them. I will withheld the srt file for that one for this week update.

Ok, TMNT and Bug Bunny:Birthday Blow-out is being sent to Juan right now.

What exactly do you mean by "for the lyric"?

EDIT:

Also, you do realize your subtitles won't make it to this week's bundle, right?

EDIT 2:

Probably not, not definitely not.

EDIT 3:

Okay, I'll revise all my existing subtitles to separate the lyrics.

OpticCarrot

Back to top Go down

Post  Subtitlenation Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:03 am

http://www.elyrics.net/read/k/kyle-justin-lyrics/angry-video-game-nerd-theme-lyrics.html

This is where I used the lyric from. The lines are divide as is. Each line sung are 4 seconds in length.

Opticcarrot, I am not perfect. I do try my best. I don't make mistakes on purpose.

The subtitles are in Juan's mailbox. Whether the subtitles is added this week or next week bundle is fine with me. He usually send them to Mike in the afternoon.

I'm overtired, so have a good night.

Subtitlenation

Back to top Go down

Post  mslurr Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:35 am

Hi,
I saw this thread and I decided to make an account to post in it.
A while back I made english subs for the Dark Castle episode. Transcription was entirely by ear, and efficiency was not my main priority.
This was my first subtitle file ever, so if anything needs to be changed, please by all means tell me.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50018780/Dark%20Casstle.ass

The video was taken off of Gametrailers if it is of any importance.
I took no tutorials on how to do this, so if something is so bad about it I can't fix it, at least now you have a transcription of the episode.

mslurr

Back to top Go down

English Subs - Page 2 Empty Awww, mannn...

Post  Echidneys Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:59 am

I really wanted to do the Action 52 video but it just happens to be the only one in progress right now. That episode has one of the most memorable AVGN quotes: IT FUCKING SUCKS MONKEY FUCKS LIKE ALL THE FUCKIN' REST

Echidneys

Back to top Go down

Post  mslurr Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:34 am

Okay, I just sent in a sub of Day Dreamin' Davey since that was the only one not with a transcript.

mslurr

Back to top Go down

English Subs - Page 2 Empty Hi Everyone

Post  ShinigamiRazgriz Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:34 pm

Hi everyone I just wanted to introduce myself and say I might not have any skill in making the subtitles themselves I'm working on making the scrips for the episodes. If it would help just let me know what episode you need a script for and I can get it to you.

ShinigamiRazgriz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sangueffusor Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:57 am

Bible Games - http://youfailit.net/files/subs/biblegames.ass

SRT has been e-mailed to Juan.

I will be working on Bible Games 2 and 3 in the near future.

Sangueffusor

http://youfailit.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sangueffusor Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:22 am

Bible Games 2 - http://youfailit.net/files/subs/biblegames2.ass

SRT has been e-mailed to Juan.

I may wait to work on Bible Games 3 until it is officially uploaded to the YouTube channel.

Sangueffusor

Back to top Go down

English Subs - Page 2 Empty episode 107 EN subtitles

Post  markedfour Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:49 am

107 episode english subtitles. Please check it before post or include to en subtitles library.
http://pastebin.com/2iQ8afJ1

markedfour

Back to top Go down

Post  Sangueffusor Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:43 am

Sangueffusor

Back to top Go down

Post  OpticCarrot Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Just finished revising my Indiana Jones DVD version subtitles and Subtitlenation's Sega 32X subtitles, and I've sent both to Juan. It's been a while since I posted, thanks to schoolwork.

P.S. Sangueffusor, I think your Sega CD subtitles could use some work, especially in the punctuation department.

OpticCarrot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sangueffusor Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:24 am

I also just happened to finish re-doing the Sega 32X subs:

http://youfailit.net/files/subs/sega32x.ass

OpticCarrot wrote:P.S. Sangueffusor, I think your Sega CD subtitles could use some work, especially in the punctuation department.
I don't know what you mean. Can you give me some examples?

Sangueffusor

Back to top Go down

Post  OpticCarrot Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:26 pm

Sangueffusor wrote:I don't know what you mean. Can you give me some examples?

Your subtitles are near-perfect, but I noticed several mistakes. For example, "CD-I" has improper capitalization (it should be "CD-i"), the comma in between "for" and "Nintendo" should be a question mark, and "Sims" should be "Simms". There's more errors, but I'm just giving some examples that were obvious to me.

OpticCarrot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sangueffusor Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:53 am

Thanks for the corrections; I know I'm not perfect, so I welcome any more you can find. Maybe you could PM them to me.

As for the "what are you waiting for" sentence construction, I see it as all one statement. "Nintendo to make one?" is a dependent clause and does not make any sense to me as a separate interrogative sentence.

Sangueffusor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next