AVGN Subs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hebrew Subs

4 posters

Go down

Hebrew Subs Empty Hebrew Subs

Post  krembo Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Hey everyone,
I'm planning on doing the Hebrew subtitles. Probably not gonna get it really going till another 3 weeks, cuz I still got finals till mid July. I'll probably get it done by the end of the summer.
Also, since Hebrew is written from right-to-left, I'm having a problem with writing English words (the game titles) mid-sentence, they screw up the order. If anyone knows a way to solve this, or has experience with this, please comment.

krembo

Back to top Go down

Hebrew Subs Empty Re: Hebrew Subs

Post  Codo Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:31 am

Hi krembo,

afaik neither .srt nor .sbv (as google calls it) is capable of changing directions midways, or changing fonts or encoding. The only solution, that could work (maybe) and i can think of, is to just write them backwards.

Codo

Back to top Go down

Post  burbman Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi Krembo,

I plan on doing the Heb subs too, so here's my email, so we can decide who's doing what etc. -

burbmanguy@gmail.com

I'm starting with the 32X ep at the moment, talk to me and we'll see how we're gonna do it the best way for the two of us.

EDIT: Oh boy. I'm finished with the 32X episode, but these "mixed Hebrew and English in the same sentence" sentences are horrible! they're unfixable! All mixed up.
Writing them backwards does no good.
Worst case scenario, I'll transliterate, but that's not really how it's supposed to be.
If anyone has any clue, please let me know.

burbman

Back to top Go down

Post  laG roiL Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:47 pm

OMG, JUST THE POST I WANTED TO SEE!!

I want these subtitles so I can get a good translation for my upcoming dub of the series. After I get the subs, I will hire "actors" who will voice the cast using the original episodes as a reference, send them the translated lines, and ask them to send the files to my Email address. I will start with the early episodes (Angry Nintendo Nerd), and Then the new ones (Angry Video Game Nerd).

laG roiL

Back to top Go down

Post  laG roiL Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:01 pm

laG roiL wrote:OMG, JUST THE POST I WANTED TO SEE!!

I want these subtitles so I can get a good translation for my upcoming dub of the series. After I get the subs, I will hire "actors" who will voice the cast using the original episodes as a reference, send them the translated lines, and ask them to send the files to my Email address. I will start with the early episodes (Angry Nintendo Nerd), and Then the new ones (Angry Video Game Nerd).

I want the TMNT episode (Episode 5) first.

PLEASE!

laG roiL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down